Sunday, June 7, 2020

A Spectacle of souls

A spectacle of souls
By: Jessica Julien
****
Fantasy
Ya
(Release date: 7-7-2020)

I would recommend this to anyone who likes circus and fantasy. I loved most of the book and the only parts I had issues with was how Cat reacted to situations. She just graduated so I guess maybe she doesn't always think first? I dont know I just had a hard time with that. 

Through the book we follow 3 people:
-Cat who has struggled with headaches pretty much her whole life. She takes medication to help them. Then one day a guy walks into the diner that she has never seen before and hands her a flier for the circus. Her BFF goes with her and her life is never going to be the same.
-The ringmaster who desperately wants Cat to join to harness her power for reasons of his own.
-Daniel, the super cute boy who invited her to the circus and seems to have an attraction to Cat.

Will Cat harness her full powers and live to tell the tale or will she just lose her mind like her father?

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC e-copy for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken

Broken By Jenny Lawson ***** This is Jenny’s third book (not including her coloring book). Her books are roll on the floor laugh out loud hi...