Friday, May 22, 2020

Category five

Category five
By: Ann Dávila Cardinal
***
Release date: 6-2-2020

Ya/teen

I would say this book is geared toward middle school maybe. I am not really sure. 

First off, let me say what happened in Vieques was terrible. I do not even pretend to understand the devastation that took place because of hurricanes. 

That being said, I had to look up quite a few Spanish words since I don’t speak Spanish. I also couldn’t get over the relationship between Lupe and Javier. He was annoyingly controlling. Lupe makes some pretty bad calls when it comes down to it and I don’t think all teenagers are that oblivious to dangers around them.

I am usually a 5 star person but the amount of time it took to get through this book was a bummer. 4 days! If you speak Spanish and don’t mind that silliness of teenagers doing the wrong things than by all means go for it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Broken

Broken By Jenny Lawson ***** This is Jenny’s third book (not including her coloring book). Her books are roll on the floor laugh out loud hi...